- INSTITUTION: Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Science;
- CITY work place in Krakow;
- POSITION: postdoctoral researcher;
- DISCIPLINE: Geophysics;
- POSTED: 9th of March 2017;
- EXPIRES: 10th of April 2017;
- WEBSITE www.igf.edu.pl;
- KEY WORDS: Geophysics, Postdoctoral, Earth Sciences;
- DESCRIPTION (field, expectations, comments):
Institute of Geophysics Polish Academy of Sciences is recruiting a Postdoctoral person to undertake a job in Department of Seismology, in H2020 project realization. The employee will develop, adapt, update and test various statistical and seismological toolboxes, capable to describe and model the processes of earthquake initiation and the evolution of induced and natural seismicity.
- PhD degree in mathematics, physics or earth sciences.
- Experience in statistical data analysis, probabilistic modelling, statistical inference
- Desirable knowledge of seismology/statistical seismology
- MATLAB or PYTHON programing skills in level allowing code creation for independent implementation on web platform and for external use without author’s supervision.
- Very good command of English.
3 years employment- position supported by H2020 project.
1. CV - with particular emphasis on scientific achievements
2. Cover Letter
3. The document confirming obtaining the degree of doctor
4. Other documents which are vital to the case (at the discretion of the candidate).
Application for the competition must be submitted by 10 April 2017 firstname.lastname@example.org or
Institute of Geophysics
Polish Academy of Sciences
Księcia Janusza 64 Str.