Paweł Urban, MSc
phone: +48 12 2923790email: email@example.com
- 2009 - MEng in Environmental Geophysics: AGH University of Science and Technology, Cracow, Poland, Dept. of Geology, Geophysics and Environmental Protection. Title of thesis: “Analysis of mine tremor mechanisms from the Legnica-Głogów Copper District”.
- since 2010 - Research Assistant, Seismology Department, Institute of Geophysics , Polish Academy of Sciences
fields of interest:
- statistical analysis of seismic earthquakes
- induced seismicity
- seismic hazard
membership in organizations:
- Teamwork for Hazard Assessment for Induced Seismicity (THAIS)
- EPOS Working Group WG10 - Infrastructures for Georesources
- Urban, P., Lasocki, S., Blascheck, P., do Nascimento A. F., Van Giang N., Kwiatek G. (2016) Violations of Gutenberg–Richter Relation in Anthropogenic Seismicity, Pure Appl. Geophys. 173, 1517-1537,doi:10.1007/s00024-015-1188-5.
- Urban P., (2012) Fenomen PSI w sejsmiczności górniczej. Przegląd Górniczy Nr 5 (1074) Tom 68 (CVIII) 23-30, UKD: 622.343(438): 622.831.32:550.348.088.64-047.72: 550.34.042.43-047.72
- Lasocki, S., Urban, P. (2011) Bias, variance and computational properties of Kijko’s estimators of the upper limit of magnitude distribution, Mmax, Acta Geophysica, vol. 59, no. 4, Aug. 2011, pp. 659-673, doi: 10.2478/s11600-010-0049-y.
- Digital research space of induced seismicity for EPOS, (team member), 2013-2015
- Testing the complexity of size distribution of seismic sources induced by different technologies, Young Researchers Grant of IGF PAS, (Project leader), 2012-2013
- The causes of the exceptional surface impact of mining-induced seismic events from the panel XX/1 in Rudna copper-ore mine in Poland, (team member), 2012
- Detailed prediction of impacts of tremors and surface deformations induced by mining, on OUOW „Żelazny Most” with an account for OUOW extension and program of copper ore excavation till 2042, (team member), 2012